During Office Hours is looking for usable teaching related content. The easiest way to describe what we’re looking for is to think about what we do during office hours: prepare, plan, reflect, and problem solve (to name a few).
What do we want? What you already have. Your tried and tested methods, tips, techniques, handouts, and assignments as well as any new steps you’ve taken recently and their unintended consequences.
The content on During Office Hours is divided into several categories that include:
- Lesson Plans & Syllabi
We’re open to all forms and interpretations of these categories, but we prefer if they somehow provide an answer to these five basic questions: what, when, where, why, how, and who. In other words, we’d like to make sure that the purpose, audience, and application of each contribution is clear to our readers.
While we encourage all contributors to browse our site before submitting, we don’t want you to try too hard to mimic what you already see here. We want to hear your individual voice as much as see the ‘teaching you’ in the resources you share with us.
If you’d like to contribute but haven’t settled on an idea, please view our Ideas page.
- Submit contributions via email to email@example.com
- In the title of your email, please state the applicable category and title of your contribution (e.g. Activities: Top Three First Five Minute Activities). You can include your contribution in the body of the email, but if submitting longer documents such as a syllabus, please attach as a .doc .docx or .pdf file.
- If submitting handouts, assignments, lesson plans, or other files, please include a brief description of the document(s) in your submission email.
- If submitting a whole syllabus, please remove departmental or institutional specific information and policies that are not relevant to appreciating or understanding the course design.
- If you’re a first time contributor, please include a brief author bio (300 words or less) and photo that represents you in your email. Bios should include your institutional affiliations, current position, qualifications, and any other information that best describes you be it serious or quirky. Links to profiles, personal websites, etc. will be included within reason.
By submitting your contribution to During Office Hours, you agree that all work submitted is of your own creation and, where relevant, contains correct attributions to or permissions from the original author(s) and source(s). You also give permission for your submission to be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. This means that others can copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, as well as make and distribute derivative works based on it with or without attribution for non-commercial purposes only.